Saturday 30 April 2011

Weddings and Knittings

What a nice day for a white (and ivory) wedding!  Catherine's dress was perfect for the occasion and will not date, unlike Diana's.  Must admit, Pippa almost pipped her, looking fab in her slinky bridesmaid outfit.  My daughter-in-law held a Vintage Royal Wedding Party at her home and we all had a great time.  I made the bunting out of tea-dyed Union Flag material and also made Earl Grey cupcakes, courtesy of my yummy Cake Days cookbook.


Little Princess with a breadstick sceptre, showing her pants in a very unregal fashion
Quite excited as a new knitting shop has opened up round the corner from me.  It's called A Good Yarn and they opened today, with drinks, nibbles and wool-based cupcakes.  There's going to be workshops and knitty drop-ins, so I'll be round there with me needles on a Saturday afternoon.  They are selling glorious yarns and great books.
This is a little bag I knitted from scraps of leftover wool and strips of an old grey t-shirt. I'm really into knitting up old clothes torn into varying sizes of strips right now.  I've even used old socks and scarves as experimental items.

Just adding my latest makes.  I have a bundle of white cotton chair covers which d-in-l, who is very arty and clever, made for the seating at her wedding.  I cut the extra length off some of them, tea-dyed them and sewed over the tops.  I then threaded net curtaining strips through the hem and added 1970's photos, taken from an old book.  They can be used as nightwear cases, laundry bags, undies bags and so on.
I know they look like Big Pant in this picture, but they're not!
All have different pictures, scanned from a 1976 book and stitched onto more net and cotton

1 comment:

  1. Oooh good effort on the Royal Wedding celebrations, you were much more organised than me! Love that you made your own bunting especially. Earl Grey cupcakes sound yummy, reminds me to make some earl Grey cocktails ha ha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete