Sunday 29 May 2011

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Thank you so much, Gillyflower, for my Liebster Blog Award!  This is my first (hopefully not only) award in the Land of Blog and it made me so happy.  I will be passing it on at the earliest opportunity but first I believe I have to tell you seven things about myself.  Here goes ...

1. In 1978 I had quads!  That's right, four teeny-tiny little babies all at the same time!  Two girls and two boys.  A bit of a shock I can tell you as I had been having fertility treatment but believed there to be three babies.  One was hiding behind the others.  As you can imagine it was a hard life bringing them up, especially as we had very little money, but I wouldn't have been without them and they have totally enriched our lives.
2.  I lived in Plymouth for a few years.  We had to move back home to our families when we had the children as we needed help and for about five years I longed every day to be able to return.  It never happened and it was, in the long term, best that things turned out this way.  The children grew up here just two minutes from the beach, parks and excellent schools.  They made good friends who have remained so throughout their lives.  However I promised myself I would never visit Plymouth again so there is still a little itch there somewhere and I don't want to scratch it.
3. Don't let anyone tell you that Bulimia can't be cured.  I had it for several years, fought it and won.  I've remained at a happy, healthy weight for many years now and can comfortably eat what I like without the need to "pig out" and bring it back for another look!
4.  I have twice won visits to chateaux in France.  The first was to the Courvoisier cognac chateau in Jarnac and the second just last year to Chateau Dumas near Toulouse.  Fingers crossed for lucky number 3 ...
Chateau Courvoisier
Chateau Dumas
5. I can drive and have a full licence but have never driven a car alone.  It's silly but I just hate driving and am a little afraid of it.  I love being driven places though so if you fancy taking me somewhere, I'm a great companion!
6. My favourite holiday destination is Santa Eulalia in Ibiza.  I love the way it's fun but a little more sophisticated than other resorts like San Antonio.  I love the laid-back lifestyle and my ambition is to run a little craft shop at the harbour there.  (Well, a girl can dream!)
7.  My little granddaughter, Jasmine, is the light of my life these days, bless her, but in three weeks or so she will have a little cousin.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well and I will have some lovely news for you.

3 comments:

  1. What fascinating facts! QUADS!!! Crikey! Jasmine looks so cute - gorgeous big eyes! Amazing that you won 2 chateaux trips! Sorry about all the exclamation marks, but I keep being surprised by your facts! Have a good week. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey C, even I've been amazed by one or two of those facts and I know you in 'real life'! Big love, can't wait to hear what colour baby arrives (as in, pink or blue!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're pleased with the award, well deserved in my opinion! The first one is special, so unexpected, and I'm sure there will be more.
    Loved reading your 7 things - wow, what a huge surprise to have quads - and what hard work it must have been for you bringing them all up.
    Best Wishes, and looking forward to hearing about the new baby whwne it arrives!
    PS love your new header!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete