Saturday 16 June 2012

Yes, I'm still here!

I have been rubbish at blogging recently.  I admit it.  Sorry.
I have been busy with a lot of things, but mostly with my mum.  She has been failing for sometime and is now  in a nursing home.  It became clear that we could no longer look after her properly and it just had to be done for her own sake, she's been in so much pain.  The home is in a village not too far away, but far enough to be a good run out in the car, or a short train journey so it's not too easy to visit.  Sadly, when we visit, she hardly knows us and she looks so frail.  It's not my mum any more.  I don't know how long it may be before the visits come to an end.  It would be kinder if it was sooner rather than later, but no-one can tell.
Anyway, it's time to get my bottom into gear and hopefully a more interesting and jollier post will appear very soon.  Have a lovely weekend and a productive, crafty week. xxx

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to read why you've not been able to blog (but you shouldn't apologise!). My thoughts are with you - this must have been such a hard thing to go through.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for you, Carrad. It must be awful when your Mum doesn't recognise you and just terrible to see her in pain. I will be thinking about you. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been where you are now and my thoughts are with you.
    Gillxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and so sorry to hear this about your mum. Went through the same a few years ago with mine so really feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, and agree with Alix that there's no need to apologise for any blogging inactivity.
    My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to you, your Mum, and the rest of your family. Not a nice thing for any of you to have to go through x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh sorry to hear about your mum. Thinking of you & sending craft vibes to distract you for a little while xxx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your kind comments, lovelies. Very comforting and much appreciated. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you all. Ali x

    ReplyDelete