Sunday 26 August 2012

A Small Person Activity and A Big Person Knit

I love pot painting shops but at the end of a long summer hol, funds are dwindling for keeping small people occupied.  The Girl Genius was just as happy painting a jar at home, and so was I.  It's really easy, fun and cheap!  See below.  I know you clever crafters will have lots more ideas to embellish a jar once the contents have been scoffed.  I used to make very fancy art jars and loved doing them.
This is my completed effort from the Scarfathon (see last post).  There's an horrendous mistake in there but on this occasion I left it.  Yes, I know it's not good but I weighed up the desire for perfection next to the act of being arsed to do it, and I was found wanting...
 Mmmmm, my current favourite beverage.  I must admit I feel like dabbing a bit behind my ears before drinking!
Slurp! x

3 comments:

  1. Great idea for the pot painting....got lots of blue tester pots left over from recent paint choosing!
    That's a beautiful scarf Carrad - love the colour and it will be unique with your pattern changing ability!
    What a frgrant taste in tea you have!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pot painting, my daughter say the childrens one and said it looked like candy floss inside, yummy and the scarf is beautiful Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pots you've both painted, wonderful!
    The shawl is gorgeous, it looks perfect to me - its only you that knows where that mistake is!
    How exciting, I didnt know there was Lavender Earl Grey - i always drink earl grey or lady grey so I must look out for this!
    Have a great day!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete