Sunday 19 August 2012

Pinky Pinkness

This weekend I attended a Strawberry Tea and Scarfathon.  It was very pink.
 It was organised by the lovely Kate at A Good Yarn to raise funds for Breast Cancer research and was a roaring success with around £500 collected.
For a mere £10 we had a wonderful tea involving scones, cream, jam, strawberries and a myriad of delicious home-made cakes as well as copious quantities of tea and coffee, PLUS the yarn to make a pink scarf!  There were ten choices of scarf and I thought I would take up the challenge of making something with a lacy-type pattern - after all it was a very small challenge compared to that of the women facing a battle with breast cancer.  This lovely coral above is the start of my work.  Hopefully I'll be able to show you the completed item one day!

I have also finished a new freeform bag...ta-da!
 And...two hats for Miss Peach Pudding.
Anyone would think I do nothing but knit.  Honest, the occasional duster is flicked round the house, and I did make cherry and apple jam the other day.  Some days I even go to work!

I bought two books last week... craft ones, naturally...
thebookpeople.co.uk
dailymail.co.uk
 They are both full of so many wonderful projects I hardly know where to start!

Have a great week, hope the sun shines for you xxx

UPDATE: Just had to add that the Strawberry Tea and Scarfathon didn't make the hoped-for £500 - it made £689!!!  Well done, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous fundraising idea - sounds lots of fun too!
    Love your new bag and cool hats Carrad!
    Looking forward to seeing what you make from your new crafty books!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pinkness ... And a fantastic fundraiser for a charity very close to my heart. Have a lovely Sunday, Claire

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the tea party! And you have been amazingly productive too!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag and Miss Peach Pudding looks adorable.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to raise money!

    I love your freeform bag.

    ReplyDelete