Monday 26 August 2013

A Little Bit of England

Yesterday I had the chance to use my new (antique shop) purchase - a £10 bargain of a huge picnic basket.
 
Mr C and I went to a little village in Lincolnshire called Cuxwold for an afternoon of cricket and an evening of rounders. 
 Needless to say, my part in this event was to sit and watch, while crocheting!  Daughter 1 and Son-in-law were playing and doing the barbecue.
Mr C and I went for a walk to look at the beautiful old church.
Many of the gravestones had been removed but a few remained
There was a secluded little grove behind the church which had clearly been a pets' graveyard.
This must have been a very special friend to someone.
The old way to the church was via this beautiful rusty and lichen-covered iron gate.
There were some fine, handsome deer nearby.  Sadly I think they were lined up for the menu as they were in a paddock.
I do love a good weather vane.
Ah, here comes the sun!  I hope you all have a wonderful bank holiday xxx  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if a lovely day was had by all! Perfect weather too.
    P.S. How did you get that font on your blog? I have been wanting to change mine for ages but have no idea how to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, on the design section, go into TEMPLATE, then where it says LIVE ON BLOG click CUSTOMISE. On the left hand side, under TEMPLATES, click ADVANCED. You can find a variety of fonts here xxx

    ReplyDelete